Friday, February 21, 2014

Pursuit of Passion and Living History Museum

Today was the day that my sixth graders presented their Living History Museum in front of their entire elementary school! Let me begin with saying that I am so so so proud of each and everyone one of them. Earlier this week, many of the kids were so ill-prepared that my field site teacher insisted on canceling the entire presentation. I'm so glad she didn't! Regardless of how terrible their practice presentations went during the beginning of the week, each one of the kids pulled through and made the entire museum alive (pun intended)! The museum was such a nice wrap-up for a very stressful and eventful week. 

Now that the museum is over, I need to begin planning for my bulletin board which will be debuted during open house! Since they're learning about the Middle East next in Social Studies, I'll be making a Middle Eastern themed board. Hmm I think I'll just get ideas off of pinterest...

My semester long special project that I'll be doing is with the GT students. It's called Pursuit of Passion. I was given the materials today by my field site teacher and shortly, I'll begin going over all the rules and activities they need to complete. I'm excited to begin working with the higher level thinkers, being a GT kid myself! 

I don't think a smile ever wiped off my face today because of my kids. Ahh the perks of having a teaching internship :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment