Thursday, February 13, 2014

Exciting News!!

After school today, I decided to head to the elementary school just to ask my field site teacher a few questions and it's always fun to pop into their class when they least expect it! After the dismissal bell rang, I was able to get a few things sorted out for the semester. We discussed upcoming projects that I beyond excited about! 

1) As part of the Texas Performance Standards Project, my field site teacher is pulling out the GT (gifted and talented) students from each period and pairing these groups of kids with me! The project that they will be working on for two and a half months is called the Pursuit of Passion project. They will be required to research a topic, write an essay, and create a product (some type of visual). There's so many more details and kinks to the project, but way too difficult and unnecessary to explain. I was a GT student which makes this experience even greater. For the last semester, I've been working with special needs kids. Now, I get to work with students who are on a completely different level (this should be interesting...)! Also, this project can count for the special project I have to do with the kids :)

2) Open house is coming up and I am required to create a bulletin board for the students and parents during the event. Creating a bulletin board isn't the exciting part about all of this..it's the fact that I'll be there during Open House that excites me! I cannot wait to meet all the parents and finally interact with them. I'm assuming it will be exciting for the students as well since they will be able to introduce me to their parents!

3) Lastly, I'm going to be a speaker at their sixth grade graduation! I just need to create an inspiring speech and try not to cry when I stand up on stage to speak... 

No comments:

Post a Comment