Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pathways

Today, a very talented and overall wonderful teacher of mine left the education field to pursue a career in what he loves most - web design! He was a Computer Science teacher and I've had him as my teacher for almost 2 years. His leaving was bittersweet and it also gave me some food for thought. 

I wish to pursue a career in education - however, I've never imagined going into the teaching field right out of college. I always thought I would spend a few years in the engineering field, focusing solely on Civil Engineering, and then retire to a teaching job. My former Comp Sci teacher never really had an intent to become a teacher, nor did he think (when he first began teaching) that he would soon move onto a career fully focused on Web Design. His history made me the think, "What does the future have in store for me?". I have so many aspirations: becoming an educator, a civil engineer, an advocate, and a baker. I've always wanted to open up my own bakery but never thought it would be a plausible career for me. Same goes for civil engineering and teaching. 

Right now, at this very moment, I have a plan for my life. I don't know what's to come in the future but all I know (or want to believe) is that the future is going to work just the way I want it to. However, life obviously doesn't work like that. God may have a completely different plan for me. Who knows where I'll be after college. I may be a teacher, an engineer, a baker, or maybe even something completely out of my mindset such as a civil rights lawyer!

I think it's time I let God open pathways for me, instead of diverging off the path He's already created...

Regardless of these really deep "shower thoughts", life's looking güd. :) 

PS, I have my internship tomorrow and I'm so excited to see the kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment