Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day: Student Teaching Edition

I was asked by a number of my students if I would be their valentine...I could have gone many routes with my answer.

First off, being a Muslim, I do not celebrate or take part in Valentine's Day. I could have told my students that I don't celebrate the holiday, but that would have resulted in too many questions and explaining to do so I decided not to tell them..

My next route was to say "No, I'm sorry", however, then I would be breaking quite a few 11 year old hearts. I didn't want to do that so you can only guess what I did say.

In the end, after thinking out all of my options (I had so many more options in my head), I went with saying, "Sure!" and not screwing around with tween boys' feelings. Today, I was treated with cute valentines and sweets. Although it was great to receive gifts, I didn't need them to feel loved or be happy! My students' presence makes me overjoyed and gushy because they're all just so darn cute :)

Overall, it's been a superb day!

No comments:

Post a Comment