Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Short and Sweet

Teaching is so tiring! I'm only at field site for 3 hours, but it wipes me out so quickly. Today was a bit of a boring day (even my field site teacher agreed) - I supervised and watched the kids present for their living history museum. 

**Off topic moment: For future reference, I definitely want to use the living history museum idea as a full blown unit. The students pick a historical figure, research them, and eventually dress up at their historical figure and recite a short biography when an audience member pretends to press a button that brings their figure to life!**

Homeroom's assignment was to finish their sarcophagi for Open House. While I was supervising, a couple of kids were talking very inappropriately. I had to step in and give them a short and simple lecture about bullying and why it's not okay. I know that they're only sixth grade, but they need to know at an earlier age that name calling and harassment is never okay and can be defined as bullying at a certain point. I wish that elementary and schools in general had more lessons about bullying and other social issues. These things are serious and can effect others in very negative ways.

Regardless of the issues I deal with during my internship, I love it so much and I absolutely love every one of my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment