Saturday, April 12, 2014

Happy

As the school year is winding down, it's becoming more surreal everyday that I have days left with my students. When I entered the RST program, I had no clue that I would grow such an attachment to them! I never thought that I would actually enjoy spending three hours on my feet, interacting with them. This school year has taught me so much. It was the year of finding an escape from all my worries and knowing everything would be okay. You know who taught me these things? My students. They were my escape each and every day. Whenever I entered the elementary school, there was nothing else on my mind other than my students. They also taught me how to become a more patient and calm human being. I was always rushing and fighting time and just trying to make everything okay by doing things quickly. I learned the hard way that the rabbit never wins. They made me realize that I should take my life day by day. I should never rush and in the end, life will work its mysterious ways to make everything work in my favor. I've said it once and I'll say one billion times more, RST was the best decision I have ever made in my life. Who knew that three hours with kids could make me so happy and blissful? My entire high school career could never amount up to the happiness this one class has brought me. 

I don't think I've ever really said and meant it, but here I go:

I love teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment