Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Last Day with Ready, Set, Teach

Last Thursday was my last day with my 6th grade kiddos! I haven't been able to post about this every since due to the busy schedule I had that day and the following weekend. However, I'm free now so here it goes! 

Overall, my experience with Ready, Set, Teach! and the kids this year was unforgettable. I cannot explain to you how much I will miss my kids. Teaching them and bonding with them was an amazing experience and they have truly taught me so much. Aside from the fun stuff, I was able to learn so much from my field site teacher and the children. They taught me how difficult it really is to be a teacher and how much patience and nurturing the career requires. They also taught me how much I love teaching. I just love knowing that my kids have walked away with knowledge in their little minds and a smile on their faces after they have left my class. It's a wonderful feeling - to change a life. I couldn't have asked for a better group of kids. This journey of mine has been incredible and a simple blog post cannot express to the fullest my true feelings. I'm so glad I took this class and I'm so glad to have come back to my educational roots. 

Although I'm very conflicted (still) on whether my true passion is engineering or education, I'm still experimenting. My plan is to take a few engineering courses in the fall semester and if I feel like it's something that I really love then I'll pursue it. If not, then I guess education was and always has been the right path for me to pursue! As for graduation, well I'm graduating in 10 days! Crazy right? These 10 days are going by so quickly and I'm so ready to begin this new chapter in my life. 

I just hope that one day, wherever I go, I'll look back upon my old Ready, Set, Teach! memories and remind myself of the first class I ever taught. 

For now, I'm Ms. Ahmed to those same students and I won't be Ms. Ahmed again to another group of students for a while. It's a bittersweet feeling really. I'm happy to move forward, yet sad to see my kids go. This isn't the last chapter of my education journey - I know that for sure. Whether I pursue a teaching degree in generalist or one in STEM education, I know that someday I will be teaching in a classroom of my own and hopefully I'll be known as Mrs. Ahmed. ;)

Until then, this blog may be on a hiatus. Thank you all for following my RST journey! Let's begin on a new one at UTA :) 

With lot of love and education inspiration,
Miss Ahmed

No comments:

Post a Comment