Friday, June 6, 2014

And That's a Wrap

Today, I was faced with the inevitable. Saying goodbye to my 6th grade students on their graduation day was difficult. It was great spending one last day with them and cherishing these past year's moments. Although a few kids are moving out of state and going elsewhere, a good majority are sticking around in town so it's more like a "See you later" kind of thing. I'm honestly so proud of each and every one of them because they succeeded and did so many great things. I hope that one day I'll be able to see them again and watch them cross the stage to earn their real diploma. They will forever and always be my first class I ever taught. Today was emotional for many - it was also my last day of high school. Although I could care less about high school, I wish I could do this entire year over again with my students. It was so much fun and an experience I will never forget. I'm blessed to have had this amazing opportunity and I'm blessed to have had so much fun with it. 

If one of my students ever happens to stumble across this page, here's my advice to you: 
Never stop trying and always try your hardest. You have the potential so use it and use it to your fullest. Strive for the most difficult scenarios and always reach for you dreams. Given that, never stop dreaming. Also, it's never really "goodbye" but rather a "see you later" because life always has its little ways of bringing back a group of kids who grew up together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment